Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ten Tips for a Successful Year of Homeschooling


Many families fail in their goals for homeschooling simply because of a lack of planning. Beginning a school year with inadequate planning is a recipe for a stressful, and ineffective year of homeschooling. I have homeschooled our children for fourteen years and people often ask "how I do it?" There's really a very simple answer to that question. The answer is that I do it 1. very prayerfully and 2. very carefully (with about two weeks of my summer given to planning for the coming school year.) Here are ten of my favorite ideas for having a successful school year.

2 comments:

Plainlady's Ponderings said...

Thanks for the tips. I can always use a little help when it comes to getting the school day to run smooth. My physical difficulties make me discouraged sometimes but I have been inspired by your post.

Carrie Grubbs said...

God uses physical difficulties--how well I know! If God had not given me several years of physical difficulties early in our marriage, I would have never learned the things that I only begin to know now about organization and attempting to run a household. It was (and continues to be) through my physical weakness that God shows me ways to accomplish what He wants me to do. I am just now finishing several weeks of illness myself as I struggle in a pregnancy, but God always shows me ways to do what I need to do. Sometimes I have to be very creative and sometimes I have to let lots of things go.

Blessings!