Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What is it like to touch the face of God?

Tonight we found out that the baby we were eagerly waiting to hold has already "slipped the surly bonds of earth to touch the face of God." Our loss is temporary, but our child's gain is forever. While we are sad, how can I be sorry when our child is perfectly happy and whole with Jesus tonight? I have so much to be thankful for, that while I am sad, I am glad that God made a way for us to meet in heaven. I like the words of the song, "Blessed be your Name... You give and take away, my heart will choose to say, blessed be the name of the Lord."

2 comments:

Liz said...

I'm sorry for your loss, but we also look forward to heaven a bit more, don't we?

Maresa said...

As I red your message here on your blog and your status updates on FB I found myself slipping back into my own grief. What is it like to touch the face of God? I have no clue but I'm sure when they go to God he swoops them up into his arms and brushes his cheek against their little faces.I can see that in my minds eye and yes, it is comforting. I've lost a child in pregnancy and also one whom I held for over two short years and I truly can feel your pain tonight. So sorry for your loss. praying God will comfort you and your family.